Which this one revolves around
Rod Wintour 2011 ©
I’m Steve Borgman. Do I have Aspergers?
I have a sense of humor that others don’t often get.
I love puns. I often laugh at absurd things that others don’t find that funny.
These are Aspergers humor traits. But no, I don’t have Aspergers. I’ve taken the online test, and I fall in the neurotypical range.
In this article, I’m going to share some Aspergers humor, written by people on the autism spectrum.
Just for fun – Here’s one joke an anonymous Aspie shared:
Two atoms are walking down the road when one stops dead and says “Oh, $#%^!”
“What’s the matter?” asks the other atom.
“I’ve lost an electron.”
“Yes, I’m positive!”
Why Aspergers Humor? Benefits of Humor:
Aspergers humor has physical, cognitive, emotional, and social benefits! Tweet This!
PBS highlighted the researched benefits of humor, mirth, and laughter:
Physical benefits of mirth and laughter:
- Increased endorphins and dopamine
- Increased relaxation response
- Reduced pain
- Reduced stress
Cognitive benefits of humor and mirth:
- Increased creativity
- Improved problem-solving ability
- Enhanced memory (for humorous material)
- Increased ability to cope with stress, by providing an alternative, less serious perspective on one’s problems
Emotional benefits of humor and mirth:
- Elevated mood and feelings of well-being
- Reduced depression, anxiety, and tension
- Increased self-esteem and resilience
- Increased hope, optimism, energy, and vigor
Social benefits of humor and mirth:
- Bonding with friends and family
- Reinforcement of group identity and cohesiveness
- Increased friendliness and altruism
- Increased attractiveness to others
- Happier marriages and close relationships
A Young Aspie’s Sense of Humor: Philosoraptor
There’s something about a Velociraptor musing philosophically, with a claw under his chin, that cracks me up!
Here are some of my favorites:
- Nothing is ever absolute….but that statement is an absolute.
- If what you see is what you get, Why can’t you judge a book by it’s cover?
- If communism has leaders, Is it still communism?
- If birds of a feather flock together, Then why do opposites attract?
- What if there were no hypothetical questions?
More Aspergers Humor from Rob Wintour
Thanks, Rod Wintour, for sharing the following Aspergers humor:
If you don’t understand me,
Then who has the problem?
Rod Wintour 2012 ©
Some Simple ASD Logic
People just don’t get it,
It goes two ways
When they get annoyed ,
by my annoying characteristics
Can’t they see I am just as annoyed at them?
for being annoyed?
” WE’RE EVEN”
Rod Wintour 2012 ©
ASD children, “Hand Flapping”
According to Darwin’s theory of natural selection
will achieve flight in the next 300,000 years.
Rod Wintour 2013 ©
I need your Aspergers Humor!
I’d like to put an Aspergers Humor page together. Please keep it family friendly (clean)!
You can share memes, jokes, and other forms of Aspergers humor.
Share them as a comment and I’ll add them to the Aspergers humor page once it’s created.
Image credit: subbotina / 123RF Stock Photo