I want you to imagine something with me.
Imagine that you are told that you need to learn to drive a car.
You’re taught how to brake, how to use your mirrors, and how to stay on the road.
But pretend with me that your instructor never taught you about the rules of the road.
He never told you that you need to let the person on your right go first at a four way stop.
You’d feel like you only got part of the education of driving!
It’s the same thing with social skills training.
You need to understand the context within social skills fits.
And that’s where social thinking comes in.
Michelle Garcia Winner
- Who is Michelle Garcia Winner, and how did she develop the concept of social thinking
- What social thinking is, as compared to social skills
- The metaphor of the social brain versus the science brain
- Michelle Garcia Winner’s Social Communication Profiles
- Practical steps to improve your social competency
- The importance of developing a growth mindset when learning social thinking.
Find a professional trained in social thinking methods here
Join the Conversation
What topics would you most like covered on the show?
Who would you like me to interview?
Share you answer in the comments below or Ask me a question via my Contact Page.
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!
They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read every one of them.
Did You Enjoy This Episode?
Please leave a review on iTunes! Your positive reviews will help drive awareness of the podcast so that many more can see it!
AS & Noise Sensitivity
Learn about autism and noise sensitivity, along with 1000+ Thrive with Aspergers/Autism readers.