It’s not every day that you find easy ways to change your life for the better.
I first encountered James Swanick when I was listening to the Spartan Up Podcast. He talked about the fun and health benefits of giving up alcohol!
I was intrigued.
I’m not much of a drinker, but I have noticed that when I do drink some alcohol, I feel a bit “blah” a bit later.
Then I found out that James has done a lot of research on sleep and its benefits.
Health and sleep!
You and I can change our lives for the better with better health and better sleep!
Listen on to find out more!
In This Episode:
- James’ message about alcohol: you can go from good to great by taking his no alcohol challenge
- James’ story about how he stopped drinking alcohol, and why he created the no alcohol challenge
- What a glass of alcohol can do to you
- The cycle of social drinking
- The health benefits of abstinence from drinking
- What’s blue light, and why should I avoid it at night? (And sometimes during the day?)
- How blue light can interfere with your sleep
- Swannie glasses as a sleep solution
Links and Resources Mentioned:
James Swanwick is an Australian-American investor, entrepreneur, speaker, former SportsCenter anchor on ESPN and host of The James Swanwick Show podcast. He is the CEO of Swanwick Sleep and creator of blue-light blocking glasses Swannies, which helps people sleep better; and the author of The 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge, which helps people reduce or quit alcohol. Forbes listed James as one of 25 Professional Networking Experts to Watch in 2015. Swanwick has interviewed celebrities including Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
James is also host of The James Swanwick Show and has been interviewed on podcasts including Bulletproof Radio, Ben Greenfield Fitness, Art of Charm; news sites including Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, Psychology Today and Yahoo Health; and TV shows Live with Kelly and KTLA.
swannie glasses on Amazon.com
The science behind Swanwick Sleep: https://www.
Join the Conversation
What topics would you most like covered on the show? Who would you like me to interview? Share you answer in the comments below or Ask me a question via my Contact Page.
Do you enjoy this podcast?
Please leave a review on iTunes! Your positive reviews will help drive awareness of the podcast so that many more can see it!