Bella was dating a Catholic man.
Duana, her friend, advised her against it. “Bella, you’re an Atheist, and he’s a Catholic. He’s not going to settle down with someone who’s not Christian.”
Bella dismissed Duana.
“Can’t a girl have a little fun?”
Four years later, the relationship ended in heartache. Her boyfriend told her he couldn’t date someone with a different set of beliefs.
If you need to know how to find true love, it sure helps to have a trusted guide.
Duana, Bella’s friend in the above story, is Dr. Duana Welch, author of Love Factually, gives you 10 Proven Steps To Go From I Wish, To I Do.
TWAP010: How To Find True Love, with Dr. Duana Welch
Every person, including you, can learn how to find true love by reading and applying the strategies from Love Factually
1. You Can Trust Dr. Duana Welch
She’s been where you’ve been: she’s made mistakes, gotten into “wrong” relationships, and experienced heartache.
Many times she felt like giving up.
But she persevered, found solutions, and now wants to share them with you.
2. Dr. Welch Is a Scientist With A Heart.
She earned her PhD in developmental psychology, and has taught and conducted research.
After a particularly difficult dating “failure”, she decided to apply the scientific approach to learning practical strategies for dating.
Applying those strategies, she found her marriage partner and has shared those strategies with others. Ultimately, this culminated in her book,Love Factually.
3. Other Social Scientists Endorse Her Work.
Dr. John Gottman, PhD, Dr. David M. Buss, PhD , and Dr. Linda J. Waite, PhD have all reviewed and endorsed Love Factually.
Dr. Gottman writes,
“Finally, we have a research-based guide for how to sensibly select a partner. A must read for all those of us seeking a lasting love.”
Dr. Waite writes,
“Love Factually is a real treat: a smart, funny page-turner, full of heart and based on the best of science. If you’re at any stage of the dating process, you’ll get the clear, doable steps you’ve needed all along to find and keep the right life partner.”
In this Thrive with Aspergers podcast episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Duana (aka Dr. Welch) started researching the science of dating, and why she remains passionate about it after 9 great years of marriage
- Attachment styles-how toidentify yours and how your style influencesyour dating
- Information about helpful attachment style combinations, difficult attachment styles combinations, and what you can do about yours
- The mating ritual, and how it can help men and women better understand each others’ responses
- What Science Says About Women Having Sex Too Quickly In A Relationship
- Interesting facts from scientific studies about cohabitation, and what it means for you
- Permanent marriage versus cohabitation – what science says
- Benefits of Marriage
- How Making a List Will Help You Date Effectively
- How Bella’s inspirational story of finding love after being diagnosed with cancer can motivate you in your dating journey
Links and Resources
Attachment Styles: Overcoming Fear, Embracing Intimacy
Love Factually Slideshare: An Overview Of The 10 Steps
Do you have a question for Dr. Duana Welch? She welcomes your questions. Contact her here.
Here’s all the more reason to Make Your List! This article from The Telegraph talks about Why Falling In Love Is Similar To Being Drunk.
Download the first chapter of Love Factually at Duana’s book site, LoveFactually.
Check out Dr. Duana Welch’s blog, LoveScienceMedia.
Follow Dr. Duana Welch on Twitter: https://twitter.com/duanawelch
Join the Conversation
What topics would you most like covered on the show? Who would you like me to interview? Share you answer in the comments below or Ask me a question via my Contact Page.
Do you enjoy this podcast?
photo credit: courtesy of Unsplash
Please leave a review on iTunes! Your positive reviews will help drive awareness of the podcast so that many more can see it!