This podcast episode is brought to you by the Thrive with Aspergers community. Visit the Thrive with Aspergers community to interact with other fine people in the Aspergers autism community.
In this episode, I talk with anti-bully advocate, Anthony Ianni.
Here are some Anthony Ianni facts:
- Diagnosed at the age of 4 with Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD-NOS), now incorporated under the umbrella term, “autism” under the DSM-V.
- Dealt with bullies, adversity, and numerous personal challenges.
- Earned his bachelor’s degree in Sociology from Michigan State University.
- Became the first known athlete to play Big 10 Basketball
- Won two Big Ten championships, a Big Ten Tournament Title, was the recipient of the 2011 Tim Bograkos Walk On Award and the 2012 Unsung Player Award.
Highlights from the Anthony Ianni Interview:
- Anthony’s favorite quote, from the Sandlot:
“Heroes get remembered, but legends never die”
- His Relentless Tour, during which he has spoken to over 450 middle schools and high schools across the state of Michigan. His tour focuses on raising autism awareness and aimed at eradicating bullying.
- What his parents did right, and how parents can learn key success factors for raising healthy, positive kids on the autism spectrum.
- One Anthony’s low points in his life, and how he coped
- Some of Anthony’s proudest moments
- Anthony’s thoughts about friendship
- Anthony’s story of how he met his wife
Resources and Links
Follow Anthony Ianni on Twitter
Follow Anthony Ianni on Instagram
The Relentless Tour – Anthony’s ambitious tour aimed at raising autism awareness and eradicating bullying across the United States.
Famous People with Autism: Anthony Ianni – I wrote this article a few months back. Anthony inspired me then, and I was so happy when he agreed to an interview for the podcast.
7 Self Help Motivation Tips from Coach John Wooden – This is an article I wrote a few years back, inspired by coaching legend John Wooden, who is also one of Anthony’s heroes.
Anthony recommends any books by Coach John Wooden.
Here are three I think you’ll like:
Join the Conversation
What topics would you most like covered on the show? Who would you like me to interview? Share you answer in the comments below or Ask me a question via my Contact Page.
Do you enjoy this podcast?
Please leave a review on iTunes! Your positive reviews will help drive awareness of the podcast so that many more can see it!